Profile of IHI Hauzer Techno Coating B.V.
IHI Hauzer Techno Coating B.V. is a leading supplier of technology for PVD coatings (Physical Vapour Deposition) and PACVD coatings (Plasma Assisted Chemical Vapour Deposition) and PVD and PACVD coating equipment since 1983.
Hauzer is part of the IHI Group based in Japan. IHI Corporation was founded 160 years ago and the group of companies share a focus on engineering and technology.
Hauzer’s total commitment to the needs of its customers worldwide has been crucial to its success. More than seventy companies, many with multiple systems, enjoy the benefit of this commitment, from PVD process development up to global customer support. Some global companies owe their prominent market position to Hauzer PVD coating technology.
With Hauzer PVD coating technology and PACVD coating technology you add value to your products by:
- Increased lifespan, higher productivity finishing (cutting tools, punching and forming tools)
- Attractive and scratch resistant colour finish (decorative hard coating on mobile phones, jewellery, watches, eyewear, automotive decoration, domestic appliances, bathroom and kitchen hardware)
- Reduced coefficient of friction and reduced wear (tribological coatings on precision components, e.g. used in automotive engines)
- Specially engineered properties, used in innovative coating concepts
Hauzer provides coating processes and coating systems (Hauzer Flexicoat® and Metalliner®) with the following deposition technologies:
- Arc deposition by Advanced Controlled Arc (ACA) and Circular Arc Cathodes (CARC)
- Unbalanced Magnetron sputtering deposition (UBM sputtering) in closed field configuration
- RF sputtering deposition
- Special sputtering technologies, such as Dual Magnetron Sputtering (DMS) or High Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering (HIPIMS and HIPIMS+)
- Hybrid coatings by using a combination of magnetron sputtering and arc deposition in one PVD coating system
- Plasma Assisted Chemical Vapour Deposition (PACVD coating technology)
- Nitrocoat Duplex Treatment (Plasma Nitriding and PVD coating in one process)
Hauzer understands your business and offers turn key PVD coating centres , including pre-treatment, cleaning systems, quality control and lay-out design.
In the Hauzer Competence Centres in Venlo, Yokohama and Shanghai, we combine our research and development of PVD coating technology with surface engineering in close cooperation with key customers and other partners.
An overview of the possibilities:
- PVD coating development
- PVD coating process qualification
- Pilot production
- Back-up production
The Competence Centres support customers with qualification after which we transfer the PVD coating process to an industrial scale. We will provide customers with pre-production runs and support during the start up of PVD coating production. Hauzer has an open cooperation with customers and is committed to their success.
The Competence Centres are located in Venlo (The Netherlands), Shanghai (China) and Yokohama (Japan).
The practical experience from the Competence Centres together with feedback from all our customers in the field is used to continuously improve the reliability of Hauzer PVD coating systems (Hauzer Flexicoat® and Metalliner®).
A PVD coating (Physical Vapour Deposition) or PACVD coating (Plasma Assisted Chemical Vapour Deposition) is a hard, thin layer of metallic coating or ceramic coating by use of a plasma under vacuum on metal, ceramic or plastic substrates.
The best known applications of PVD coating technology are decorative coatings, tribological coatings (mostly automotive engine components and machine components) and tool coating. Additionally PVD hard coating technology is applied in innovative coating concepts in new markets.
PVD coatings are engineered for a specific set of properties:
- High wear resistance
- High hardness at high operating temperatures
- High oxidation resistance
- Low friction
- Scratch resistant
- Brilliant finish in specified colour